I don’t know how I’d get by without the Internet. There is such a wealth of information on any subject just waiting to be found. Lightroom is no exception. Like anything on the Internet sometimes it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, so I’ve compilied a list of the top Lightroom-centric blogs I check on a regular basis:
- Lightroom Journal – If you are going to watch any blog you may as well keep an eye on the one from the team behind creating Lightroom. As it says on the site “Tips and advice straight from the Lightroom team.” This is not the most active Lightroom blog out there, but it contains need-to-know info that no Lightroom user should be without.
- Lightroom Killer Tips – A Lightroom blog from Matt Kloskowski (of NAPP fame). Matt is not only a guru for all things Adobe, but he writes in a very accessible style and is very tapped in to what Lightroom users want to know about. Aside from top-notch video tutorials you’ll find free templates/presets and essential Lightroom tips. Truly lives up to its name.
- Lightroom-News – With an A-list team of Editors, Contributing Editors and Contributors “dedicated to news and information about all things Lightroom” the content available here is of the highest caliber. Information is updated on a regular basis so plug that rss feed into your feedreader and don’t miss a post.
- George Jardine – Technically “George Jardine on Lightroom and Digital Photography”, George is Adobe’s Pro Photography Evangelist and has been blogging about Lightroom since it was in Beta. Subscribe to his podcast in iTunes so you don’t miss a post.
- Photoshop Insider – Scott Kelby’s blog is not exclusively about Lightroom, but as President of NAPP, editor and publisher of Photoshop User magazine, and top selling Photoshop and Lightroom author (to name but a few of this man’s accomplishments) his blog should be a frequent stop for anyone interested in getting the most out of Photoshop and Lightroom. Plus I think he’s as entertaining as he is eductional.
- O’Reilly’s Inside Lightroom – O’Reilly put together a great collection of Lightroom resources and topped it off with a blogging team of Lightroom professionals. Lot’s of content served up fresh. Active comment section on the blogs adds to the value of this offering.
- John Beardsworth – John is an photographer, author and IT consultant who is a frequent blogger covering a wide range of digital photography topics. He has a great insight into how to get the most out of your Lightroom experience and shares it freely.
- Photoshop Services – You’d be hard pressed to find someone as knowledgeable about Photoshop and Lightroom who is more helpful than Victoria Bampton. She’s the person I turn to with each release of Lightroom to find out what is new.
- Lightroom-Blog.com – This is Sean McCormack’s personal Lightroom blog (he’s also a contributor to Lightroom-News). Sean likes to dive down under Lightroom’s hood and see how to squeeze just a little bit more out of it. If you like to roll up your sleeves and tinker with Lightroom’s guts then this is the blog for you. Great stuff.
Do you have a favorite not covered here? Tell me about it I’d love to hear.