Before you run that install you might consider a few precautionary measures to help smooth the transition.
- Read the ReadMe.
- Run a backup onyour version 1.0 database with an integrity check.
- Burn that backup to disk or some other drive for safe keeping.
- Make sure you know the location of your working database.
- Make sure your system is up to date.
- Run your disk utilites (error checking and defrag)
Should you have to do all that just to install some software? No, but it is all good practice and could save you some time and frustration down the road.