Hi. Thanks for wanting to learn a little more about me. I am very fortunate to have been able to carve out a career combining my love of teaching with my enjoyment of photography, which allows me to work from home and get to spend a lot of quality time with my family. As a result I wear the hats of a photographer, an educator, and author depending on the combination of projects I am working on at any given time. I’m also learning how to become a beekeeper, which is absolutely fascinating, gets me outside, and is a hobby that doesn’t require electricity or Internet.
I get to work with a number of excellent companies in the photography industry. One my main clients is KelbyOne (formerly NAPP) where I have been the Lightroom Help Desk since Lightroom 1.0 was first released, a regular contributor to Photoshop User magazine, I write scripts for their Camera Basics classes, work behind-the-scenes at Photoshop World, and review all of the online video classes before they appear on KelbyOne.
Beyond my work with KelbyOne I am an instructor for the Perfect Picture School of Photography and co-owner of The Digital Photo Workshops. I am also a founding member of Stocksy United (a stock photography co-op), and it is the only place I license my photography through. I often speak to camera clubs and photography groups, so feel free to contact me if you’d like me to speak to your group. Aside from blogging here at Lightroomers I also contribute to Photofocus.com, which has tons of awesome photography news and information.
Over the years I have authored a number of photography related books, and hope to continue writing more into the future:
- Nikon D750: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Nikon D5300: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Lightroom 5: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process
- Nikon D5200: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Nikon D3300: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Nikon D600: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Nikon D5100: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- The Photographer’s Guide to Using Snapseed (e-Book only)
- The Photographer’s Quick Guide to Photoshop CS6 (e-Book only)
- Taking Stock
- Lightroom 2 for Dummies
Join me for a 4 week online Lightroom class called Lightroom for Everyone!